Friday, December 21, 2007

our love's floating out the window

I still can't believe I'm back at work. I hope I've finally learned my lesson this time. So there's this rumor that I quit because I couldn't stand working with my ex-boyfriend Alex. Alex, who is a new manager and reminds me a whole lot of a rat, has talked to me maybe twice and I've never worked with him. Nicole is trying to figure out where it came from. But I'm pretty sure this is the first rumor I've been in. Also, a lot of the part-time crew hate me. They think I'm new (and magically know all the stations and in uniform?) and that I'm a bitch when I ask them to do stuff. It's pretty funny. I didn't bother to introduce myself to anyone so I can see where that came from. But I haven't been particularly rude to anyone besides two guys. Well, really it started off as me trying to joke around but with my sarcastic and dry sense of humor I'm pretty sure they took it the wrong way.. this guy Jem kept giving me attitude over it so I pulled him into the office and talked to him. I think he was surprised that I said anything so he didn't say much.

Oh! And the first time some of the part-timers saw me they were talking about me in the crew room trying to figure out who I was. Nathan told them and they were like "Her name is Siobhan? That's totally a black name." WTF! I was laughing over that for a good hour.

Some other quick updates that I don't really feel like writing much about:

  • I lost my cell phone the other night. I fucking hate losing things. I know if I replace it it'll just turn up the next day.
  • My laptop is going to cost $250 to fix because it's not covered on the warranty. Thanks.
  • My Mom got a new job as a courier driver. I'm glad it's steady work and that it won't be so physical. I think she starts next month.
  • We had our Christmas dinner for work last night. I was pissed because I was sitting at the end of the big ass table with the old people. All the cool people were in the middle and I couldn't hear their conversation. I got this sweet thai sesame chicken (hey it was free) and everyone else got like chicken and fries? Come on people. I wasn't apart of the secret santa (wasn't last year either) but Violet got me an Old Navy giftcard. Sweet. Jess told the servers that it was Amanda's birthday since she was at the head of the table and she freaked out haha. I'll post pictures when I get my freakin laptop back.