Friday, March 7, 2008

you think you want more than you need, until you have it all you won't be free

I went to the gym today with Nicole for the first time in about three weeks. We didn't have much of a workout it was more of a catching up sort of thing. On the way home I realized I had an hour and a half left to write my poverty quiz online so I scrambled to get that finished. I managed to pull off an 85%. I have a seven page report due on Tuesday that keep putting off. I got all of my midterms back and I actually did pretty well.
Art: 88%
Poverty: 88%
Politics: 74% (average was 64%!)
Psychopathology: 84%
Lifespan Processes: 85%
Some new stuff that I got. The Buddha Banks were from Nicole for Valentine's day and they're perfect!
I asked my mom today about the money that my grandma saved up for me for school. I was hoping to have some of it for the trip but she was just like "oh that went towards your car!" Kthanx for telling me.
I went to this local vegan store today and it was pretty amazing. I should have gone a long time ago. I also got falalfal mix with pitas and tzatki-like sauce and I'm so excited to make them! I'm pumped to leave mcdonald's. We had a manager's meeting the other day and I guess they're just throwing the concept of healthy out the window. This is what we're getting:

  • rid of delis
  • ciabatta sandwiches
  • cherry shake, pie, sundae
  • Angus burger to replace the Big Extra (720-860 calories)
  • McRib (gag! once we make them they're 'good' for TWO HOURS)
  • replacing the smaller ice cream cone with a larger one
  • rid of bacon ranch and oriental salads
  • Rolo and Kit Kat McFlurries
  • Cinnamon Rolls
  • iced coffee
You heard it here first people! Oh, I almost forgot to mention, that the deli station (as in the toaster, fridge, toaster oven) that they're getting rid of is worth $20,000. I almost choked on my chocolate easter eggs! That could pay for my tuition! And we used it for a whole two years!
I watched Into the Wild a few days ago with Kris and it was absolutely amazing. Everything was exactly right. It fits the mood that I'm feeling lately really perfectly.
Eddie Vedder - Society