Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I went on a DATE last night. My first one ever. And boy was it awful.

First things first, when I went to pick him up (ps. he doesn't even have his g1 yet) he sees me and smacks his forehead. Which could mean one of two things: what the fuck have I gotten myself into? Or damn, I forgot how hot she is. I haven't decided which one it is yet.

So I knew this guy before he moved out west but we lost touch. We were friends before and I always felt a connection there. I was thinking things were going to be good, no problem.

We went to Molly Bloom's because Karina was working and I thought she could ease the tension a bit. Plus she wanted to be a creeper and spy on me. BUT I forgot that she told me it was college night, meaning the place was packed full of 19 year-old preppy guys and girls dressed like they were at a night club for cheap wings and beer and some kind of contest to win $1000. Great.

It took a good 20 minutes for our waitress to come over. During this time, he proceeded to tell me how things ended with his girlfriend a few weeks ago. Basically he lived with this girl for a year and a half. She worked at a daycare and wanted to become a teacher (okay.. souns like me..). But then she started babysitting this 5 year old kid and spending the night at this guy's house. He let this happen for a month and a half while his suspicions grew. But didn't talk to her about it. Okay. I can see where this is heading. Then she asks him to come home and the father is there (who is 40) and tells him it's over. So they get into a fight and he trashes his van. The whole time I'm like "oh.. that blows. ...So that's why you wanted to leave then?" What the hell do you expect me to say to that!

By this time his wings and beer have come (awesome) along with my undercooked fries. Karina's shift was over and I was like "hey you should invite Josh in and stay a while!" kicking her under the table and texting Josh. Thank god they stayed overwise I don't know what would have happened.

So the guys were all into watching the hockey game and I basically talked to Karina and ignored him. I just wasn't feeling it at all. I wanted to leave really bad. The conversation was all about him and he didn't ask me any questions about me at all.

Oh wait, sorry. He did ask me one question on the drive home. "So, uh, when do you have school tomorrow?" Um, are you joking? I was like "well I don't start till 2:30. But I go until 10pm. So it's a loooong day!"

He could probably tell I wasn't feeling it at all. I pulled up beside the complex and (while keeping my hands on the steering wheel and the car running) said "well it was nice seeing you!" He didn't try to make a move thank god. I think if he tries seeing me again I'll tell him he's a nice guy but I don't want to be some rebound. He's obviously bitter and not over his girlfriend at all.

His text message half an hour later: Good time thanks.