Saturday, October 6, 2007

should have known better

On Thursday morning I woke up at 7AM to get my loan for school. That was a huge thing for me because I've gotten into the habit of getting out of bed around noon. So I drove all the way to school and waited in line for the lady to tell me I needed pay stubs since May not January. Getting my loan has always been a pain in the ass. I had to drive home just to get the proof of my pay. Anyway, it ended up being a good thing because I made a lot less than I thought I would, and therefore my loan increased from $364 (which is next to nothing for university) to over $6000. Plus, because of my financial need I got an $1100 grant (which I don't have to pay back-score!) I'm considering not getting a job and just focusing on school.

I got my mom to drive me around all day because my arm was in pain. For the past few weeks, I was getting what I thought were growing pains between my elbow and wrist. I would usually just pop an advil and think nothing of it. But the past few days it got really sore and would hurt all the time. It got to the point where it hurt to drive, type on the laptop or write. My three hour cult class was torture. I was afraid I might be getting carpal tunnel syndrome (which would be awful) so I checked out the symptoms. Wikipedia said it usually occurs in your 40's and the pain is mostly in your hand and it feels like it's asleep. I decided I needed to get it looked at before it got any worse. The thing is, I hate my doctor. It's always such an ordeal to see her. First of all, it takes around a month to make an appointment. Which is absolutely ridiculous! By the time I see her I'm not even sick anymore. When I do go in I wait for at least an hour and a half. Once I had a fever or something and I was in the waiting room for over two hours and was pushed down the waiting list without being told. Plus, she's super foreign and I can never understand her and her solution to everything is: here take this sample! Fuck. Anyway, I went to the school's clinic where I talked to the nurse and she got me to see the doctor right away. I waited for maybe five minutes? The doctor did some tests to see where the pain was. He explained what was going on with this big fancy word that I can't remember. Basically, it's probably from all the typing I'm doing (in bed with no wrist support..) and the muscle has been strained or inflammed or something. He said that laptops are super bad for that since you can't align your wrists and elbows properly. He gave me some anti-inflammatory pills which have finally kicked in. The whole thing was over in 45 minutes. I'm definitely going there instead of dealing with my lame over-booked doctor.

After we got some lunch at one of the residences and headed to the farmer's market. I wanted to find this stall from last year that sold handmade wool gloves, hats and sweaters. I lost the gloves mysteriously and ughh they were so nice. He wasn't there. It was mostly just food stalls. Inside an old lady had a booth set up for sock monkeys and they were so adorable. I always see them in movies like in the background on the kid's bed or something but I've never seen them around before. I would definitely want one for my kid. It would probably be weird if I had one now..

Later on, after napping Bobbie texted me saying "you said you were bringing back the movie at 6- you have to follow the rules if you want movies". I'm really annoyed with him and just the way he treats me in general. But I was like whatever, I should return the movie. I went in a little before he was closing up. He said why didn't you come at 6 (like I drop everything to cater to him) and I said I was busy. Which I was, but I'll get to that later. I was texting Jess the whole time I was there and being a bitch. He said "well I'm not going to make you stay but.." Then I was just like "I'm going now, see ya.." and he was in shock and just looked at me and I left. I sound like a dork, but I was so happy over that. He just treats me like shit all the time and I never know how to respond. So, I should have started doing this a whole lot sooner.

Caitlyn and Grant were home for the day from Owen Sound. Caitlyn had her graduation to go to. It sucked that they couldn't stay for Thanksgiving this weekend but Grant had a test the next morning. I met up with them at mcdonald's and for some reason everyone was asking about Evey and how she was doing. I was like "um I wouldn't know?" Whatever, I'm not going to lie and pretend that everything is fine. She got home yesterday too but I still haven't heard from her. I'm a little surprised she didn't ask me to drive her home from Toronto. I met up with them and Jess after the grad and we went to Montana's. We talked about school and Jess and Kris breaking up. Jess Grant kept texting both of them like crazy trying to hang out with them. It was really creepy and I'm so glad she isn't like that with me. After we had our deep-fried cheesecake (not even kidding.. I didn't even each much because the meds made me sick) we took lame pictures. I looked really awkward in all of them because I was super tired and not really into it. Then somehow the plan of stealing pumpkins came up from the Zehrs across the parking lot and how my car should be used. And then we did it and I was freaking out thinking they were going to see it all on camera and get my plate numbers. No call yet though. It probably happens a lot.

Pretty lame entry but I really don't have anything else to talk about.

Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around Comes Around