Friday, February 8, 2008

Alright, it's okay, guess it's better to turn this way

My day went pretty well. I went out for lunch with Nicole and Jess to this place downtown called Marbles. It was pretty cute and there were pictures of kids playing with marbles everywhere. We were all wearing a yellow top for some crazy reason and our waitress was like, "so, um, we were all talking.. and just wondering why you're all wearing yellow?" We should have said we were apart of some lame club or something. We had this amazing banana chocolate chip cake for dessert, wow. After we went to the gym and ended up playing squash. We didn't even know how to play it really, and I couldn't take it seriously with the goggles so they didn't last long. Every time we missed or the ball didn't bounce back we would have to do jumping jacks or do shuttle runs. It was my idea to fit 'cardio' in but it wasn't fun near the end let me tell you.

I wrote my poverty exam and got an 88% on it. Pretty psyched about that, except I had to look up all the answers because it was like: "what was the rate of poverty in such and such year". So I'm going to do ridiculously bad on the exam. I have three fucking midterms next week that I have yet to study for! Crap.

I went into work to get my review. Amanda was doing them for the first time and we talked for like an hour. It went really w
ell actually. I was kind of worried because Jess only got a 20 cent raise (mainly because a boss came in and caught her throwing a spitball.. up at the front) but I got 40 cents. Woohoo.. But hey it adds up. She was like, "I'm really happy that you're back! All the crew really like you and respect you. They had all these good things to say about you at the rap session and I was really happy to hear them. They said you were really nice and talkative and worked alongside them." I was practically beaming. Sort of like when Miranda on Grey's got promoted to Chief Resident. Except for the awkward hug. I mean, obviously I'm one of the best swing managers (no, really) but it's nice to hear it once and a while especially when I'm used to hearing all about the negative things.

I've been having pretty bad insomnia lately. Last night I was up until 5:30am and I haven't been to my morning class in a while. Which is bad because he takes attendance. I just finished watching Reign Over Me and wow, completely heartbreaking. Definitely cried. It's probably the best serious Adam Sandler role. It got to the point where I didn't even remember it was him.

The Decemberists - Here I Dreamt I was an Architect