Friday, February 29, 2008

i'm so far gone now i've been running on empty

I didn't go to class at all this week. Granted, I only have five but still. I don't really have a good excuse. Evey told me yesterday that she doesn't want to go to Ireland anymore. I was kind of expecting it but it's still a bummer. I just wish she hadn't agreed to it and gotten my hopes up. I think I'll still go. But it's not set in stone. I got my student loan today so that will definitely help if I want to go. As of now I just have to save up for the flight. I also handed in the form to declare my major as social development studies. Little did I know that it's not simply 'declaring' your major but you have to apply for it. Once my marks are in from this term they'll make their decision. To get into the honours program I have to have an overall average of 75% so we'll see. I'm doing well so far, I got in the 80's on all of my midterms. But this month I have all of my assignments due. I should really get started on them soon. Grant and Caitlyn came home this week and I realized how little we all have in common. We're just a group of people that used to work together. We had nothing to talk about except comparing schools (hello, Waterloo wins) and work. It was dull to say the least. And it's weird because when I was drunk on Valentine's and telling all this stuff to Grant (yes, I drank by myself and it was pathetic) he was like "oh you're my best friend so you can tell me stuff." a) we barely ever talk we're not BFF b) when I do tell you stuff you're awkward and don't know what to say.

I don't think I'm in the right mindset to be writing. I think I'll go make nachos and watch Into the Wild.

The Used - Lunacy Fringe