Wednesday, February 6, 2008

because the keys to the kingdom got lost inside the kingdom

Taking a break from studying. Actually, no I shouldn't call it that. It's more like writing everything down and using a ton of sticky notes to get ready for my online midterm. I feel sort of bad doing that, but then I don't at the same time.

I'm doing well (so far). I got an 83% on my first psychopathology midterm. Yes, it is as cool as it sounds. The test was about anxiety disorders (panic disorders, generalized anxiety, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder), dissociative and somative disorders (amnesia, multiple personalities, somataform, conversion, body dysmorphic disorder, pain disorder). I don't know why I felt the need to type all that out, but basically I'm learning about some crazy shit. Our bodies and minds are capable of extraordinary things, to say in the least.

I got 75% on my poverty assignment, but that was only because Steve did that for me. And I got 70% on my last art quiz. Here's some of my favourite pictures so far:

Edouard Manet, A Bar at the Folies-Bergere, 1882
Mary Cassatt, The Boating Party, 1893.
Georges Seurat, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island
of the Grande Jatte, 1884.
Gustav Courbet, The Studio of the Painter: A Real Allegory
Summing up Seven Years of My Artistic Life, 1854.
Edouard Manet, Olympia, 1863.
Josh Ritter - Girl in the War