Friday, September 14, 2007

we live in a beautiful world

These are some pictures that I took on the last day of Summer Playground. I was a leader there for 6 weeks with Adam. We looked after 6-8 year olds in the mornings and afternoons. It was a fairly good experience. I learned a lot about holding kid's attention, having the right enthusiasm and how to plan and lead games and activities.


Frog cupcakes!!

There weren't many kids left for the end of the summer.

Here it was pajama party day.

Mattea (far left) was a horse (her favourite animal).

She was cute but a lot to handle.

"Do a funny face!"

The gym that we played in. It got unbearably hot most days.

The playground. On the pavement we drew with chalk a lot.

Most of the kids played tick-tack-toe or drew outlines of themselves.

Or we would play with bubbles with my kick-ass bubble machine.

5,000 bubbles a minute for 20 bucks.

This is Erin and Laura (cousins).
Erin was a floater and Laura was my assistant coordinator.

Val was our coordinator.
She's probably the most enthusiastic person I've ever met- in a good way.

Coldplay - Don't Panic