Monday, September 17, 2007

all this talk of getting old, it's getting me down

I just got in from taking Allie for a walk. It's always a little scary at night because my neighbourhood is sketchy but I find it so much more refreshing at night. A lot more peaceful and quiet for me to think.


I took Bobbie downtown today to get him a guitar. I never really know what to expect when we hang out. We either have really nice deep talks or it becomes this big battle over how we've differed since we've gone our separate ways. I find it amazing how two people can go from being best friends able to tell each other anything at all, bare each other's souls even to hostile and guarded strangers.

We were walking down King, talking about cults when we ran into Josh and Karina. She just got back from her job interview. We all ended up going out for lunch at the Duke Street Muse, this vegetarian place that I've been wanting to go to for a while. Karina recommended the vegetarian tuna sandwich and it was really good. The four of us ate alone in the basement surrounded by a murral and bright paintings. The conversation was simple and it came easy. It was nice, but at the same time it made me a little sad. I wish the four of us would have hung out together when we were dating. It sort of felt like we were together again for a bit but then I came back. It made me ache to have someone in my life again. For the easy and constant companionship. To always have someone there for me. After we said goodbye and he bought his guitar, I drove him home where Brooke was waiting for him. I joked that it must be serious now that she had the code to open the garage. It's hard to believe that they've been together for ten months. I feel like I've changed a lot since then. It's hard to put into words, but I can feel it. And that's why I don't regret the relationship.


Ben Harper - The Drugs Don't Work